As part of our 40th anniversary celebration, the Meadowlands Commission is pleased to announce:
- We are hosting a Father’s Day Canoe Paddle on June 21 at 8:30 a.m. at Mill Creek Point Park in Secaucus.
Click Continue reading…" immediately below for more information on the walks, eco-cruises and paddling tours.
* Our Hackensack River Eco-Cruises begin next Tuesday (May 19) and Wednesday (May 20) at 5:30 p.m. The two-hour pontoon-boat cruises cost $15 per passenger and leave from the Barge Club,
* We are hosting a free nature walk at Harrier Meadow on Friday, May 22, at 11 a.m. for an early kickoff of Memorial Day Weekend. Harrier Meadow, usually closed to the public, is hopping with warblers, shorebirds and waders these days. We had a Glossy Ibis there in early May.
The walk will be held rain or shine. Participants must RSVP as space is limited to a dozen people. You are advised to wear insect repellent and (if needed) sunscreen. E-mail
* We are hosting a trail clean-up and free nature walk at Mill Creek Marsh in Secaucus to celebrate National Trail Day on June 6. We meet at the Marsh entrance at 10 a.m. Bring your own work gloves. E-mail
* We are hosting a Father’s Day Canoe Paddle on June 21 at 8:30 a.m. Space is limited. Here is the link to download a registration form, which also provides additional information and a complete paddling schedule:
Please stay tuned to the Meadowlands Nature Blog – meadowblog.net — for updates, bird sightings and other local nature news.
Hope to see you in the Meadowlands soon.