A new app from eBird allows you to upload your birding checklists from the field in one easy click. It costs 99 cents, and a portion of the proceeds goes to fund research and conservation work at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
The link is here.
A previous post on eBird is here.
Yesterday, we asked readers to identify the locations on the map above. It's a little challenging, until you get your bearings. It also helps to know the names of these places!
1. The Meadowlands Environment Center (and the NJMC Administration Building) are located on the edge of the Kingsland Landfill. The Shorebird pool below the "1" is frozen.
2. The Transco Pipeline, now the Transco Trail.
3. The western spur of the NJ Turnpike.
4. The Kingsland Landfill.
5. The Erie Landfill.
6. What would become Harrier Meadow.
7. The 1-E Landfill.
8. The PSE&G transmission lines, later to become the Sawmill Creek Trail.
Yesterday's Teaser asked what was wrong with the photo at left, taken at Harrier Meadow on last week's free guided walk.
The answer follows. Congrats to all of you who answered correctly!