Passing this reminder along from the Hackensack Riverkeeper — the Meadowlands Commission is hosting the event, and the NJMC's Mike Newhouse (above) will be doing a bird-banding demonstration at Harrier Meadow. The festival is a great event for birders of all levels…
We hope you'll join us this weekend, September 10 & 11, at the 8th Annual Meadowlands Festival of Birding at the Meadowlands Environment Center in Lyndhurst, NJ. This is a really nice event that can either introduce you to the wonderful world of birds, or simply be an opportunity to search for migrating birds in a beautiful setting in the company of some of the region's best birders!
Full info follows. Link to Riverkeeper's Festival Page is here.
The $40 registration fee includes:
· Breakfast & Lunch on Saturday
· Eco-Cruise (regular price $25) on the Hackensack River and Meadowlands
· Bird Banding Demonstration in Harrier Meadow (usually closed to the public)
· Walks throughout the Meadowlands with expert NJ Audubon guides
· Indoor workshops:
Birding for Beginners
Nature of New Jersey
All About Butterflies
Live Raptor Demonstration
· Keynote Presentation by Sandy Komito, author of Birding's Indiana Jones – A Chaser's Diary and I Came, I Saw, I Counted, and subject of the book and movie The Big Year.
· Guided Birding Paddle (canoes and kayaks) on Sunday morning (space is limited)
We'd like to thank our host, the NJ Meadowlands Commission, and our sponsors for making this great event possible: Verizon, American Dream Meadowlands, Meadowlands Marriott – Renaissance, Charlie Stelling, Spoo, Inc. & J. Michael Parish.